Caregiver Screening Process
Through our trained, screened, bonded, and insured caregivers, our organization provides assistance with aspects of daily living that require no medical intervention, such as personal care and homemaking services.
Home Care by Callos takes pride in the services we provide to the people of our community. That’s why we make sure we employee only the most qualified caregivers. All of our caregivers go through a vigorous screening process.
- Phone screening to determine qualifications, experience, and skill set.
- Caregiver competency test.
- Passport code of ethics review and test.
- Job description review.
- License verification.
- Data base searches: abuser registry, Medicaid exclusion list, national sex offender, nurse aide registry, and offender search, office of the inspector general, passport sex offender, and system awards management.
- Fingerprinting with BCI or FBI.
- BMV screening.
- Orientation on policies and procedures.
- Skills check evaluation.
- In-services monthly.
- Employment eligibility verification.
- Caregiver and patient comparability screening.